Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Not to complain but... what next?

Kristin and I were talking tonight about all of the things that have happened in our family this year. It seems like every week it is something. In just six weeks we have had;

  • Two visits to the ER with Kyndal. Neither was a major issue but it is never easy regardless.
  • A terrible stomach flu for all of us that lasted almost a week
  • John's Mom has been in and out of the hospital
  • My grandmother has several issues including broken vertabra and a cancer diagnosis
  • A minor wreck in the truck (dealing with insurance.... agh!)
  • A speeding ticket
  • And today A flat tire
Now, don't get me wrong, we know that we are truly blessed. It just seems that lately, there seems to be something every week.

Sorry, just had to vent a little. I hope everyone is doing well.





So, I thought I would share this picture, because it is still one of my favorites and makes me smile.

Bret

6 comments:

Kristin Aune said...

Not to mention an ear infection for Kyndal, my sister losing her job. I think this may be a test of our faith. I have become very faithful praying so much more than I have before. My prayers really started last year when things were going on with Emma. I pray everynight and thank God with how blessed we are. I even prayed last night thanking him for the day even though I got a speeding ticket. I believe God is working on us, I know he is working on me, but I am do not know what he has in store. I am really praying that God will show us the answers on my business, our future with our church and our future in general. We need him to make the right decisions. Sorry for preaching.

I love you very much!

Anonymous said...

Bret, I said a prayer for all. I know that things seem bad now, but you are strong and I know God will help you through. I am so sorry to hear about Joyce. Terrie and I know first hand how cancer can affect a family. I love you.

Aunt Tami said...

Bret, Sorry to hear about your grandmother,John's Mom, the truck,
speeding ticket,
And, the flat tire. ( WOW that is A lot!!!) Things will get better!
Also I just wanted to thank you for helping me with the cover letter. Say a prayer for me as well.

Love you All!!!

Anonymous said...

Bret, Just a note of encouragement to let you know the Lord God knows your every thought and hears every prayer. I recognize Lord that you are with us and with those we love. Rodney and I are praying for John’s mom and your grandma Joyce to watch over them and for healing. We also have in our prayers Kristin for her business to bloom and for the Lord’s guidance. We thank the Lord for all his blessings and all to come. We love you......

Kristin Aune said...

You need a new blog, at least one per week. People are commenting, so you gotta keep them reading!

Love You

Anonymous said...

Come on Bret don't be one of those...you know, you gotta keep us reading. lol We love you, Linda