Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ever Feel Like You are being Tested?

I hope this finds everyone well. It has been a very interesting week. We knew that it was going to be stressful and busy since Kristin had several sessions last weekend and she has been working the consignment sale all week. It has been quite a change to our daily routine. On the positive side, it has been some great daddy daughter time. I feel closer to Kyndal than ever. I think it has helped me pay more attention to her and she seems to be changing every day.

So, Monday night we were talking about how bad our cat shadow looked and that she was not even able to get around on her own. We started to realize that she was not going to make it much longer. Little did we know that would be last day. Early Tuesday morning I found her. At least now she is not suffering anymore. We tried to tell Kyndal her kitty went bye bye tonight but I guess it is good that she is not old enough to really understand.

Finally, just to top off my week, one of my guys resigned today. So, just as I get my team back to full strength and things are getting smoother, I have to go back through the process of finding another person. It may not be all that bad, it may actually be a good thing for everyone in the long run but I always feel a lot of pressure to find the right person.

I feel like God is testing me/us but I know that it is only to make us stronger! All things happen for a reason.

--Bret

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bret, we were so sad to hear about Shadow. I know that she was a sweet cat. Hopefully, she wasn't in pain. And I know that you have had challenges at work. But, I believe you are right in that "all things happen for a reason". God works in mysterious ways. Please know that you are loved and that I am very proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Bret, I felt the loss with Shadow also, she was a very special part of the family. She lived long and was loved much. Things will get better. As for your work, I am confident that you will find the right person to fill that position. You are good at what you do. Love you, Nana

Mandy said...

Bret,
I am praying for you! Once the test is over, looking back to see the tracks of God's strength, provision, and guidance through the trials is simply breath taking.

Love you, cousin!
Mandy

Kristin Aune said...

I love you baby. I know God has a plan, you know that too. I think this is God already working with you and as a part of this I pray that you will seek Him more. You have so many special gifts and have a lot to give to many people, those that work for you, those who you work for, your family, our church family, and Kyndal and I. You are a great Daddy, wonderful husband, and a great friend for those who know it now and those who are blessed enough in the future to gain your friendship.

Love you, K

Kristin Aune said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.