Monday, March 3, 2008

March Already??

Well, sorry it has been so long since I posted some new thoughts. If you have read Kristin and Kyndal's blogs you know we went to the zoo yesterday. That got me thinking.... I can not wait for spring. Having some 70 degree weather was great, even if it was for just a day. It is supposed to snow tomorrow night. I look forward to taking Kyndal to the park and to the sounds games again.

The nice weather, also got me thinking about how we need a vacation. I know that most of you that read these can sympathize. We have been thinking about places to go for a few days this year, but we have not made any decisions.

We are going to Texas over Easter weekend and we are looking forward to it. One of the reasons we are going is so I can fly in a B-17 bomber (I think that is the right one??). Here is a picture of one.

I am excited and nervous at the same time.

As a final note, I want to say that I love you all. It has been one of the more frustrating days that I have had in a long time, but I came home and I see my wife and daughter, I think about my family, our extended family and all of the people that are a blessing in our lives and it helps to put everything in perspective.

I hope this finds everyone well and please know that you are all in our thoughts and prayers.

--Bret

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bret, I am really looking forward to being with you, Kristin and Kyndal at Easter. I am also excited to go up in the WWII plane like the one that your grandfather (Lt. Luther Aune) flew in Europe during the war. It will be a memorable time for both of us. I love you.